It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays are right around the corner, with Hanukkah starting on Tuesday night, and Christmas just a few short weeks away. I love getting gifts for others, and often find myself searching for things that I would love too, especially anything having to do with books. Here are seven fun gift ideas for the bookworm in your life, or to treat yourself!
- Book of the Month Gift Membership. I love being a Book of the Month member – it’s such a fun way to find new books you wouldn’t otherwise know about, and it gives me something to look forward to every month. They offer different levels of gift memberships and allow giftees to skip a month just like regular members can do.
- Audible Gift Membership. If you’re more of an audiobook person, check out Audible’s gift memberships. They also offer different levels at different prices, and it’s a great way to get your loved ones into the audio world.
- Bookish clothing. I love shopping at Modcloth, which has tons of adorable, vintage, and quirky clothing items at reasonable prices. They also have a ton of animal-themed clothing and accessories, which I am always drawn to, and lots of literary items as well. I especially love their Great Gatsby sweatshirt and their “Don’t judge a book by it’s movie” T-shirt. Such a fun way to show your bookish pride!
- Book lover’s candle. A few years ago my husband got me a soy candle that smells like old books. How cool is that? He found it on Etsy at Frostbeard, a shop that has a variety of other book-themed scents for their candles. And as a bonus, he also found these book-themed matches from Out of Print, an online shop that every book lover should check out!
- Book tote from Strand Bookstore. Most people know how amazing Strand bookstore in New York is, and one of my favorite things they offer (in addition to the incredible volume of books!) are the adorable and artistic book totes. My current favorite is their Dogs of NYC tote — I can’t think of anything better than combining books and dogs. 🙂
- Books that give back. If you want to buy books for yourself or your loved ones, consider shopping at Better World Books. In addition to offering a great selection (including many bargains), they “collect and sell books online to donate books and fund literacy initiatives worldwide.” It’s a pretty incredible way to give and get at the same time!
- Book-inspired art. I love perusing Etsy anytime I need to buy a gift. Supporting other artists feels great, and if you look hard enough you can really find something for anyone. I recently came across Shop Lucy in the Sky, an adorable shop offering watercolor prints and notecards inspired by books, from Harry Potter to Jane Austen. I purchased a beautiful print inspired by The Little Mermaid for my sister, and I can’t wait for it to arrive!
What are you buying for the bookworms in your life? I’m always looking for new ideas!